Friday, June 12, 2009

Pool, Kabobs, Movies...

Today was a good day. Spent some time at the pool with Lauren & then made dinner with her and Justin. Dinner was ah-mazing. Kabobs on the grill w/ coleslaw and corn on the cob! After dinner we double-dated it up to the movies and saw the Taking of Pelham 123. It was a good movie but wow it had a looot of cussing. Talk about obnoxious. Glad I got to see Kelley tonight though, I wasn't expecting to stay in town long enough to see him again for a while.

So the reason I named my blog Joyful Noise. Pslam 100 :1 tells us to "Make a joyful noise unto the LORD." This doesn't mean God wants to hear us make the cut on American Idol. It means he wants us to just genuinely and joyfully worship Him. This applies not only to music, but to every area of life. I try my best to live each day for God and to remember that everything I do, I do unto Him. I may not be the best at everything I do, but I put the effort into it and do it with joy. This also has a lot of meaning to me right now because of a lot of things I've been dealing with lately. I have to remember to stay JOYFUL, despite circumstances around me. You can't dwell on the stress and let yourself get down.. it's up to us to MAKE every day a good day!

So that's that. I have a lot to look forward to in the next 2 weeks: Starting my job next Monday, getting my first paycheck!!!, Ken's bday weekend in Auburn, trying some new churches in Huntsville, and much more. :) Exciting!! But for now, I'm gonna have to try to go to bed! This week I have GOT to fix my sleep schedule. The goal is to wake up at 7, work out, eat breakfast/shower.. and go to sleep around 10. We'll see about that!

-Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment